Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him"

The following is a facebook post from December 25, 2009 that I wrote about 11pm that night.

Happy Birthday Jesus! Pondering how the Lord has blessed me with Salvation, & such a great wife & children on this Christmas Day! What a blessing it has been to spend last night & today with family, extended family, & watch my kids have such a good time with grandparents, cousins, uncles, aunts, etc... & Heaven is going to be even better, when we see Jesus, our Saviour, Lord, & King!

Even as Christmas 2009 will soon begin to fade and come to a close, Eternity with Jesus will never fade, and never come to a close, and will never lose it's excitement, Glory, and newness....

And even as I've sat around watching my children enjoy the gifts we and others gave them, how much more does our Heavenly Father enjoy seeing us find pleasure in Him! Numerous times Derek, Elyse, & Lydia have expressed to us such total satisfaction in their gifts this Christmas, and so, as John Piper says, "God is most Glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him"

Much more on my mind as I reflect tonight, but that's enough for facebook for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment