Wednesday, March 17, 2010

“A coincidence is really a small miracle where God prefers to remain anonymous.”

The following may seem small to you, but to me, I see God's hand all over it.

I was about to leave work this afternoon, and I read a newspaper for the first time in 6 months or so...
A colleague at work passed it on to me, and I quickly scanned it for anything worthwhile reading. I had my personal newspaper discontinued last year after deciding I was wasting time that could be better spent in the Bible.
I saw in the obituaries where my dad's first cousin's husband died, and the vistation was tonight. My dad & mom are out of town traveling back from Oregon visting my brother, and didn't know he had passed away. Dad asked me if I could go represent the family and offer our condolences, which I was already enroute to do when I called him. The family member who died was very close to our family, and the visit was a wonderful time of family fellowship and Christian encouragement.

Coincidence? I don't think so...
My dad taught us since we were children that our God is Sovereign in All Things, and to give Him Glory, and this is just another example.

How many times do we miss recognizing God's hand in what we consider "coincidences"?

And how many times do we miss giving Him the Glory due His name?

The following is an excerpt from Pastor Stephen Davey's sermon I heard today!
(Coincidence that I heard this TODAY, of all times?) I don't think so!

A Widow and a Would-be King
Elisha: Living the Impossible Life – Part VIII
II Kings 8

To those who wait upon the Lord, there is no such thing as a coincidence...
When God does move, there are no coincidences...
Pastor Davey continues...I have read it put this way, “A coincidence is really a small miracle where God prefers to remain
anonymous.”
We should be praying for the perception and insight to see God in the small miracles. The timing of a letter; a phone call; a conversation; something that happened; something that worked and something that did not; some interruption – these are God’s hands at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment